Khuram Zaman is the CEO of Fifth Tribe, a leading software development and data science firm serving the Washington DC Metropolitan Area and an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University where he co-teaches “Launching Entrepreneurial Ventures”. In his professional capacity, he has provided consulting services to clients as diverse as Silatech, Kaiser Permanente, Oxfam America, theDepartment of Defense, Ernst and Young, and The Hult Prize. His writing has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur.com, and Business2Community.
- In 2022, he received the “Outstanding Entrepreneurship Faculty Award” at Georgetown University.
- In 2020, he was featured in the PBS mini-series “Niall Ferguson’s Networld” and was also recognized as one of the Top 70 RealLIST Connectors by Technical.ly DC.
- In 2019, he received the “Above-and-Beyond Mentor Award” for his work serving as a mentor at the Georgetown Entrepreneurship Summer Launch program.
- In 2018, Fifth Tribe was featured in Arlington Now which highlighted Fifth Tribe’s innovative digital approaches.
- In 2017, Khuram came in 1st place and won $5,000 for a dataset on ISIS Religious Texts in the Kaggle September Dataset Competition.
In his free time, Khuram has mentored entrepreneurs in the US, Italy, Denmark, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, India, and Pakistan through programs like the Aspen Institute’s Digital Equity Accelerator, Peace Tech Accelerator, the Halycon Incubator, Georgetown University’s Summer Launch, Legacy International, and TechCamp.